Vacation is one of our favorite things—packing for vacation is not. It’s hard enough figuring out exactly how many shoe options we can fit into our carry-on, much less trying to guess at what beauty products we’ll actually need while we’re away from our fully-stocked medicine cabinet. So, we did some digging and polling to come up with the ultimate list of beauty essentials you’ll need to survive any trip. From the sun to the slopes—here’s what you’ll need to look and feel your best:
For your island getaway…
- Benetint Lip & Cheek Stain: Anytime we find an awesome 2-in-1 product, we’re sold for life. Benetint is just that—it makes for the perfect pink pout we love.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF50+: A face and body sunscreen that not only protects your skin, but also smells divine.
- Herbivore Coco Rose Coconut Oil Body Polish: Gently exfoliate away dry winter skin with this moisturizing blend of virgin coconut oil and delicate Bulgarian rose.
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil: Frizzy beach-hair is less than fun. Add a light hair oil like this cult-favorite to moisturize your mane.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: Sheer coverage gives you a healthy, natural, day-at-the-beach glow.
For hitting the slopes…
- Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream: Keep this on hand to quench dry hands and nails in a pinch.
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment: So necessary to bring along when you’re hitting the slopes. Bonus: it has SPF 15 for added protection.
- Sans Nourishing Hair Hydratant Ultra+: Give your hair a little extra hydration with this conditioner, which boasts amino acids and sunflower seed extract.
- Philosophy Oxygen Boost: This new formula will re-energize dull winter complexions and give you that fresh-from-the-spa glow.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: Known as one of the “big guns” of moisturizers, this thick lotion is what you need to combat dry skin after a day on the slopes.
For your big-city rendezvous…
- SK-II Pitera Mid-Day Essence: Small enough to fit into your bag for a refreshing mid-day spritz.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: Travel-friendly packaging means that getting that perfect pout—even in the backseat of a cab—is totally possible.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: For those days when you need a little volume but can’t be bothered to do the whole wash and blow-dry routine.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: This lightweight, silky formula is just noticeable enough and perfect for a night out.
- Shiseido IBUKI Beauty Sleeping Mask: Post regular cleansing, apply this mask and leave it on as you sleep. Awaken with more radiant and refreshed skin in the morning—even after a late night out.